Monday, October 13, 2008

~~Hari Raya~~

Woke up earlier than usual... Stretch out... yawns...

*knocks*

Mom: "Dib, we're waiting for U downstairs... Hurry up!! I thought you're all exited about the Raya Prayer"

Oh no, I forgot about the Raya Prayer!! What am I going to do... I haven't bath yet!!

D'Ba: "Err mom... I'm not ready yet, could you please wait for a lil bit, say half an hour?"

Dad: "Half an hour?!?!"

D'Ba: "Yeah, I just woke up and I seriously need a bath"

Mom: "But after half an hour we'll be late, and all the front rows will be filled... and it will be hard for us to find a spot in the mosque"

D'Ba: *sighed* "Oh well, I won't go then..."

Mom and Dad rushed out the door that instance. I went back upstairs, woke my sis up and get ready for the next big agenda of the day...
Visiting The Deads
There's nothing scary here, although its almost Halloween... Hehehe... So I Grab my blue Kitab Surah Yassin, went downstairs to have breakfast and waited for my parent to come home. Surah Yassin is essential for visiting the cemetry, its our Muslim way o giving presents to the deads. My Sis was having her 'period' that day, so according to the muslim's rule, she can't recite the Surah Yassin. Despite that, she wants to go with us.
My parents came and have breakfast with us. Mum suddenly grab my fathers hand and kissed it, asking for forgiveness at the same tym. This was later followed by my sis and me. Next me and my sis kissed my mom's hand and ask for her forgiveness. After that, I kissed my sis hand an ask for forgiveness. This ritual was quite new for us... we only started this at about 5 years ago... So its kinda awkward. But the same thing goes on year after year... Its always the young who ask the older for forgiveness and never the other way around.
We found ourselves late for the cemetry, and so we rushed there. Entering the cemetry yard was quite overwhelming, thinking that this place is the end of all journey. Soon, we arrive at my late grandparents (my dad's late parents) and my late sister's grave. We took a deep breath, found a place to sit, and started reciting the Surah Yassin. This is another tradition that my family kept for more than two decades, visiting my grandparents graves on the first day of Raya, and its also the moment of truth, Its when I know how fluent my Yassin recitation is compared to my dad's, and yet after almost two decades, I still can't cope up with my dad's recitation and ended up finishing last.
We then poured what we called as 'Air Asah-Asahan' onto my grandparents and my late sis grave. It was amazing to know that my late sis is in heaven now. Her grave was small, she was just a baby of 10mins old. If she is alive ryt now, she'll be 20 years old.
Ryt after that, we went back home and pack our things for our long journey to Tutong. I packed up my EAS homework, and my sis packed up her assignments. We make a short stop in Lubok Pulau, where my grandfather's (my mum's late father) grave is located. Again we recite the surah yassin besides my late grandfather's grave. Its almost noon, so the sun is quite hot. I was lucky that I sat wit the sun on my back, but my parents weren't. So they open an umbrella each, which then made me give away a laughing squek half the way through my recitation, because my parents looked like two popping mushroom of different colours. I can't stop smilling and giggling, especially because they sat right in front of me. Again I finished last.
When its finally over, we headed to my only living grandparent left. Can you guess who it is? Well, its my grandmother on my mother's side. Hehehe, And then I lived happily ever after... Amin...
So I guess this is my final blogpost, before I turn inactive for my AS Level. My original idea was to post 4 days of raya, but then I'm short of time. I picked the first day of Raya coz its so meaningful then the rest, and because i get to see my grandmother, my late grandparents and my late sis's grave, and ask forgiveness from my parents and my sis.
So, I'll end it here... Wishing you all the best in your life. Have fun and we'll see each other again at my Halloween post... See Ya Soon

PyJaMa GurL's Says:
"Cherish Your Life and Your Love Ones While You Still Have."

No comments: