Friday, February 22, 2008

The Taklimat Opens Up Mind For Applying Scholarship

  • I came back from the Taklimat a new man… uh… girl. The taklimat opens my eyes in applying this once in a lifetime opportunity. Even my dad gave me green light to apply the scholarship scheme (before he doesn’t).

  • Never did saw Farhan in the taklimat, although we are in the same room and watched the same slides. He didn’t see me either… haha, guess we sit too far apart.

  • 3 scholarship scheme was introduce in the taklimat: - Skim Khas Pendidikan (SKP) - Biasiswa Pelajar Cemerlang (BPC) Dana Sumber Manusia - Biasiswa Perkhidmatan Pentadbiran Brunei Darussalam (BPPB)

  • I qualify for all the three above. Mum says I should apply SKP coz it will assure my job as a teacher. Dad says I should apply either BPC or BPPB coz they have a much open and wider career, also the allowance are much higher. My sister, though want me to stay in Brunei n hav my A’level here, then after finish A’level, get a BSP scholarship… Coz she said BSP wanted ppl that are taking my subjects

  • You want to know what I think?

  • I think I should Sembahyang Sunat Istikharah… So I took out one of my mum’s textbook (Zainul Thalib perhiasan penuntut, yes, it is bakas buku skulah ugama kitani.. what else is new) and check out on Sembahyang Istikharah… Its in Jawi n its been 3 years since I graduated from ugama school… but I still got it in me, mcm kacang saja ku membaca… hahaha

  • So for those of u that dono what Sembahyang Sunat Istikharah is or myb forgot about it, here’s an extracted text from the text book n I translate it to Rumi.

  • S: Apa yang dimaksudkan dengan Sembahyang Istikharah?

  • J: Sembahyang Istikharah ialah suatu sembahyang sunat dua raka’at, ia sunat dikerjakan apabila seseorang itu ragu-ragu pada menentukan pemilihan atau membuat sesuatu keputusan. Misalnya seseorang itu hendak kahwin sedangkan calon-calon terlalu banyak maka sunat baginya sembahyang istikharah untuk menentukan pilihanya, kerana Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala akan melapangkan hati hambanya itu dalam membuat keputusan yang tepat, Insya Allah.

  • In this textbook, it also stated the niat, bila waktu mengerjakan, surah apa yg dibcaa d raka’at pertama n kedua, n doa khas especially for sembahyang istikharah. But I don wana extrac all, if u wana know more detail about it, u can ask me later or buy religious books in bookstore.

  • So anyway, the last post was rather depressing. I felt like was about to cry when I did the last post, all this enormous feeling just pressure me until at one state I was about to be depressed. But now after I attend the taklimat, I’m more calm n open minded. If I am to apply the scholarship, I should giv 100% on my interviews and studies. As Farhan said, there’s no use applying it if I’m not interested coz out.. there are others, many in fact, that want this more than I do.

  • “In Every Echievement, There’s Always Sacrifice”

No comments: