Sunday, September 07, 2008

Fasting Month Is Here!!!

So okay, for those of us Muslims out there....
HAPPY FASTING MONTH!!!
And for those non-Muslims in Brunei
THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING BY NOT EATING IN FRONT OF US!!!
oookkkaaayyy, enough greetings, lets do some posting...
Brief explanation about the fasting month
  • We fast from dawn til dusk
  • Last meal before dawn is called Sahur
  • When we break our fast, its called Sungkai
  • Other than fasting, we cannot lie, or do sinful things.
  • Cannot pick our nose & ears during the fast.
  • We girlz get to have holidays from fasting when we have period \(^_^)/
  • f. boys doesn't
  • After a month of fasting, Hari Raya comes!!!
As I was blog hopping to my fwens blogs... (my way of procrastinating)... I found something that interest me...
Its a post by my Physics, Maths and EAS classmate, Yeet Yang, about his day in the month of Ramadhan...
Kinda awkward to see him post about fasting month, hahahaha, especially coz he's a non-faster...
Bah, I copy paste Yeet Yang's post from his blog, I hope he doesn't mind... If you guys wana read single-handedly from his blog, then just click below
click here-link to his ramadhan's post
click here-link to his blog
Here's Yeet Yang's post... See if we can get to know what's in his mind...
~~~~~
"Enter the holy month. The fasting month. The drink/eat-in-front-of-a-faster-and-get-jeered month.
You know how something doesn't look so bad until it happens?

That's what I thought when I brought my bottle to school. Then I realised how stupid it was.
I mean, I'm bringing this HUGE Tupperware bottle and I feel so awkward bringing it around. lolwtf

Note to self: Bring something you can keep in your bag.

I'm just thankful I didn't bring lunch over to school.

===============
Chemistry class

We're waiting for the teacher to get here and everyone's chit chatting.
I didn't really notice anything but everyone started laughing. I turn to Yu Heng to ask him what happened and I see him smiling with water in his mouth.

He spat it in the sink and said that he forgot.

What happened:
We both sit at the front of the class. He was chatting with some guys behind him and probably got thirsty.

In front of a crowd of fasters, he drank water and everyone was just looking at him.

Probably couldn't get any worse than that, but there was this time after that when Mr Oscar was teaching us.

"Alright, I like to think of orbitals as... say... an S orbital would be a soccer ball. I used to think they were just flat but in reality, they're 3D."

"So a P orbital would look something like uhh... Go into a fruit stall and- ah, food."

A guy at the back's like eeeee or something. I dunno how to describe those sound effects.

"Yeah, I'm evil. Anyways, a P orbital would look like two melons!"

Non-chemistry students : You probably won't get this. Pity. =P
==============
Nothing much else to share here. Enjoy your fasting month, fasters! We'll be reaping the benefits of sungkai buffets while you're at it. olol <.<;; "
~~~~~
Aha, So its all about the Sungkai buffet, isn't it? xp
Ahahahaha
Anyways, Thanks Yeet Yang for allowing me to copy paste from your blog!!
Its a good thing, ya know, living in Brunei...
We get to be given Angpau for their Chinese New Year
They get to enjoy Sungkai buffet for the whole month
I guess that's all for now, Gonna break my fast soon...
Cheerios!!

PyJaMaGurL Says:
"Happy Fasting!!"

No comments: